Unix Commands Used For Drush 7 Install
These steps are definitely not in the order used. Start with the last two.
- Stopping a command: ^Z (Control-Z)
- find: find / -name "drush" Looks for drush directory server wide. Too broad and had to ^Z. find /usr -name "drush" worked much better.
- ls: ls -la to show all files and ownership.
- Created symlink: ln -s /usr/local/share/drush/drush /usr/local/bin/drush
- echo $PATH prints contents of PATH variable.
- which drush shows path to drush used for accessing it.
- In /usr/local/share I did wget https://github.com/drush-ops/drush/archive/master.zip which downloaded the zip of drush and named it "master". Renamed it master.zip and then did unzip master
- Next drush is in /drush-master which I rename /drush and cd into it. Now composer install works and all that's needed is to create the symlink as above.
This http://jmolivas.com/creating-blog-drupal-8 was not exacty what I did, but it had the breakfhrough clues.